9951 Anderson Mill Rd, Suite 101
Austin, TX 78750
Last Updated: 28 July 2022
This website is maintained by the Texas Independent Auto Dealer Association, (hereinafter referred to as "TIADA") for the sole purpose of providing the required training that will allow participants to fulfill the education requirement for the FTC Safeguards Rule and Privacy Rule.
By using this website, you affirm and certify that you have read and agree to this Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions of Use.
There are absolutely no refunds. Failure to complete the course will NOT make a person eligible for a refund.
At the completion of this course, you will be provided a Certificate of Completion that is valid for one year.
General Terms and Conditions:
While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website and other information provided to you by TIADA, portions of this information may be incorrect or out-of-date. Neither TIADA nor its affiliated companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers or suppliers warrants the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of information provided and shall not be liable for any losses caused by such reliance on the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of such information.
This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you are not permitted to submit personal information or register for our services.
By using this website you agree that neither TIADA nor its affiliated companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, or suppliers shall have any liability to you under any theory of liability or indemnity in connection with your use of this website or the services of TIADA.
Notwithstanding the foregoing paragraph, the total liability of TIADA, if any, for losses or damages shall not exceed the fees paid by the user for the particular information or service provided. In no event shall TIADA be liable to you for any losses or damages other than the amount referred to above.
Our courses include course elements as required by the state regulating agency for that course, which can include course expiration dates, course timers, learning assessments and identity validation requirements.
Last Updated: 28 July 2022
At TIADA we take the privacy of all visitors to our websites very seriously. This Privacy Notice ("Notice") informs you how TIADA handles privacy matters and processes your personal data.
This Privacy Notice covers all TIADA owned and managed websites, products and services and the data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly or via chat message, or via email (collectively, the "Sites" and/or the "Services"). This Notice provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via these websites, via chat or via email. By using the Sites and our Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice. This Notice only applies to Personal Data (as defined below) and other information collected by us from: (i) visitors to our site and users of our services and (ii) affiliates that are resellers of our services.
While using our Services, you may be required to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with TIADA and its sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, phone number and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, identification number and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
We use your information mainly to provide our services and set up your account with us. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· To facilitate, operate, and provide our service, specifically to deliver training to you and create your account with us related to that training. This includes authenticating your identity which allows access to our services, and to provide assistance and support for our services.
· To support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity.
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation based on the services we provide, like new dealer or continuing education. In those instances, we may have to share student data with state agencies, such as the Department of Motor Vehicles, as part of our course or exam completion reporting.
· To facilitate and optimize our marketing campaigns, ad management and sales operations, and to manage and deliver advertisements for our products and services more effectively, including on other websites and applications and providing referral codes.
· To contact our visitors, users and customers (whether existing or prospective) with general or personalized service-related messages, as well as promotional messages that may be of specific interest to them, and to facilitate, sponsor and offer certain events. If you prefer not to receive emails from us, please select the unsubscribe link provided in our emails and we will honor that request.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this Notice or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out or opt in, to having your personal information shared.
· With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. We also engage Service Providers to provide services such as customer relationship management tools, marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We only authorize them to use or disclose your personal information in connection with providing their services to us.
· Analytics. We may use third-party analytics companies to track and report website traffic.
See the cookie section above for more information.
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
· We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of headquarters for processing and storing. In addition, it may be processed by staff operating outside the office area who work for us or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff may be engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that your data is treated securely and in agreement with this Privacy Notice.
· Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
· The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Last Updated: 28 July 2022
With the exception of logos and website content belonging to TxDMV, OCCC, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, FTC, CFPB, or any other state or federal agency mentioned, all other information included on this website, including all the software text, course materials, graphics, logos, photographs, graphs, sounds, data, images, audio, video and other icons and the arrangement and compilation of this information (collectively, the “Information”) is the valuable, exclusive property of TIADA. TIADA and its associated logos, custom graphics, and other icons are service marks, trademarks, registered service marks, or registered trademarks of TIADA. The Information is protected by contract law and various intellectual property laws, including domestic and international copyright and trademark laws, and all intellectual property rights in the website belong to TIADA or its licensors.
Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as transferring or assigning any ownership rights in the Information to you or any other person or entity. Ownership of the website and the Information shall remain at all times with TIADA or its licensors. You have a license to use the website, as long as you comply with the terms here stated. You may use the Information solely for browsing the website. You may not use the Information for any other purpose. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, store for subsequent use, post, transmit, alter, adapt, distribute, commercially exploit, sublicense or publicly display the Information or any portion of the Information in any manner whatsoever without TIADA’s prior written consent. You may not resell, redistribute, broadcast, or transfer the Information or use the Information in a searchable, machine-readable database or file. You may not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, legal or proprietary notices in or on any portions of the Information. You agree to use the website and the Information for lawful purposes only. All rights not granted to you herein are expressly reserved by TIADA or its licensors. TIADA and its licensors reserve all rights to enforce their copyright and intellectual property rights.
We welcome any queries, comments, or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Texas Independent Automobile Dealers Association
9951 Anderson Mill Rd, Suite 101
Austin, TX 78750